reasoning questions,Statement and Arguments

ssc preparation, important competetion questions, current affairs of india, latest question asked in competetion papers,

Statement and Arguments Questions Answers

Each of the following questions consists of a statement followed by two arguments I and II.

Give answer:
(A) If only argument I is strong
(B) If only argument II is strong
(C) If either I or II is strong
(D) If neither I nor II is strong and
(E) If both I and II are strong.
  • 1. Statement: Should the railways immediately stop issuing free passes to all its employees?

    Arguments:

    I. No. The employees have the right to travel free.
    II. Yes. This will help railways to provide better facility.

    1. Only argument I is strong
    2. Only argument II is strong
    3. Either I or II is strong
    4. Neither I nor II is strong
    5. Both I and II are strong
     Answer And Explanation
    Answer: Option D
    Explanation:
    The free passes given to railway employees is a privilege for them, not their right. So, argument I does not hold. Argument II seems to be vague.
  • 2. Statement : Should number of holidays of government employees be reduced ?
    Arguments : I. Yes. Our government employees are having maximum number of holidays among the other countries of the world.
    II. Yes. It will lead to increased productivity of government offices.

    1. Only argument I is strong
    2. Only argument II is strong
    3. Either I or II is strong
    4. Neither I nor II is strong
    5. Both I and II are strong
     Answer And Explanation
    Answer: Option B
    Explanation:
  • 3. Statement : Should there be reservation of seats and posts on communal basis ?

    Arguments : 
    I. Yes. It will check most of the inter-communal biases.
    II. No. Ours is a secular state.

    1. Only argument I is strong
    2. Only argument II is strong
    3. Either I or II is strong
    4. Neither I nor II is strong
    5. Both I and II are strong
     Answer And Explanation
    Answer: Option B
    Explanation:
  • 4. Statement : Should government stop spending huge amounts of money on international sports ? 
    Arguments : 
    I. Yes. This money can be utilised for poor. 
    II. No. Sports-persons will be frustrated and will not get international exposure.

    1. Only argument I is strong
    2. Only argument II is strong
    3. Either I or II is strong
    4. Neither I nor II is strong
    5. Both I and II are strong
     Answer And Explanation
    Answer: Option B
    Explanation:
    Clearly spending money on sports can not be avoided merely for social economic problems. 
    But Argument II is strong. Be a sports man and then think on this question. :)
  • 5. Statement : Should education be made compulsory for all children up to the age of 14 ?
    Arguments : 
    I. Yes. This will help to eradicate the system of forced employment of children.
    II. Yes. This would increase the standard of living.

    1. Only argument I is strong
    2. Only argument II is strong
    3. Either I or II is strong
    4. Neither I nor II is strong
    5. Both I and II are strong
     Answer And Explanation
    Answer: Option D
    Explanation:
    None of argument stands valid.
  • 6. Statement : Should the tuition fees in all post graduate courses be hiked considerably ?

    Arguments : 
    I. Yes. This will bring some kind of seriousness among the students and will improve quality.
    II. No. This will force the meritorious poor students to stay away from post-graduate courses.

    1. Only argument I is strong
    2. Only argument II is strong
    3. Either I or II is strong
    4. Neither I nor II is strong
    5. Both I and II are strong
     Answer And Explanation
    Answer: Option B
    Explanation:
    Clearly seriousness among the students is not because of fees but second argument is strong.
  • 7. Statement: Should students union in universities be abolished ?
    Arguments :
    I. Yes. Students can pay full attention to their career development.
    II. No. All the great leaders had been students union leaders.

    1. Only argument I is strong
    2. Only argument II is strong
    3. Either I or II is strong
    4. Neither I nor II is strong
    5. Both I and II are strong
     Answer And Explanation
    Answer: Option A
    Explanation:

Comments

Popular From Month

recently asked questions of geography

Bhakti Movement

IMP History Questions asked in PSC Examinations

GK Trick – भारत के प्रथम गवर्नर जनरल और वायसराय

PRESIDENT INFORMATION

Area Of Trapezium Definition, Properties, Formula And Examples

Geography of India

About Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)

EVOLUTION OF INDIA